Strawberry Dessert

Before himself and me take off to Auckland, we did a little gourmet research on that place. Eventually, I found out that the award winning restaurant, Kermadec, has the best dessert. When they say it's the best, how can I resist it?
Anyway, I picked the strawberry dessert. Himself isn't a fan of sweet stuff, so he claimed he will just watch me savouring it instead.
Finally when my dessert arrived, it looks like he couldn't resist it too. Our favorite is the creme brulee. The caramel crust on top was superb. We were literally fighting until the last bite.
In the middle we have a oat cookie with strawberry. It was just my luck that day, the strawberry was quite sour, so I must say I don't like the one in the middle.
BUT...the strawberry sorbet was the best dessert I ever had in my entire life. I'm not exaggerating. It is sweet yet a little sour. Just nice as it is. There were a few biscuit crumbs at the bottom. I wish they weren't that stingy to serve us with that bit of biscuit crumbs. They are so delicious with the strawberry sorbet.
*Kermadec also has the best grilled snapper I ever tasted
______________________
Here's the recipe for creme brulee if you want...
Ingredients (serves 6)

300ml thin cream
300ml thickened cream
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
1 egg, plus 3 egg yolks
75g caster sugar, plus extra to sprinkle
100ml Baileys Irish Cream
Chilled raspberries, to serve

Method

Preheat the oven to 160°C.

Place both creams in a pan, add vanilla pod and seeds, then heat over low heat. In a bowl, whisk egg, extra yolks and sugar until light. Add warm cream and Baileys, whisking continuously. Divide among six 1-cup ramekins. Place in roasting pan and add enough boiling water to come halfway up ramekin sides. Bake for 45 minutes or until just set. Remove, cool, then chill for 2-3 hours.

When ready to serve, sprinkle brulees with extra sugar and place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes, or use a blowtorch until tops are golden and caramelised. Serve immediately with raspberries.

Share:

5 comments