Indian Desserts

Last weekend I had Indian's for lunch. We particularly love Tandoor Palace for Indian food because there is a choice of South Indian and North Indian menu. The people there became our friends, particularly because my boyfriend knows the boss.


Everytime I dine with my girlfriends there, they will give us complimentary of Kesari Bath. Or some called it Sajjige. It's a warm dessert. Personally I don't like it at all. Don't get me wrong. It's nice, but the idea of having warm dessert after flaming hot curry is not that appealing to me. Besides, I don't like the ginger-ish taste in it. My Indian friend told me there's no ginger in the dessert. Perhaps, they have some cardamom in it. Although it's not one of my favorite, I still finish it as much as I could. You just have to be greatful when someone give you food.

And a friend ordered Gulab Jamun with Ice-cream. It is a yoghurt pudding and really easy to make. All you need is milk, butter, flour, self-rise flour and oil to fry. Mix everything, except the flour. Make it into small balls. Then deep fry them. I learnt it when I was working with an Indian restaurant sometime ago. Oh ya, I forgot about the syrup. Pour some syrup water onto it. If you want some extra flavor, add rose water into the syrup. I should have ordered this! It's fantastic.
I had Mango Kulfi. It's an Indian ice-cream. The one I ordered was really hard. I had to use a lot of force to scoop it up. It didn't make my dessert that pleasant, though. The best Mango Kulfi in Tasmania is at Annapurna Restaurant (Salamanca). The branch in North Hobart didn't make it that well too.


I don't have the address for Tandoor Palace, but it's located at Knopwood Lane behind Salamanca. Really hidden place.

Share:

1 comments