Banana Cupcakes

This time I made banana cupcakes! It’s for Dixon. He doesn’t like chocolate but he still ate the chocolate cupcakes I made the other time. This time I have to compensate back, so I made for him banana cupcakes :) Usually I love making mini cupcakes, but this time I made a bigger one.


The recipe is here:

INGREDIENTS
100 g shortening
300 g sugar
2 eggs
5 ml vanilla extract
225 g mashed ripe bananas
60 ml buttermilk
250 g all-purpose flour
5 g baking powder
3 g baking soda
3 g salt

DIRECTIONS
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, bananas and buttermilk. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to banana mixture. Fill 18 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.


2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and enough milk to achieve desired spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes.
3. As usual I buy ready made frosting. It’s so much easier. And I added those sprinkles that left from the last time and decorated it with pink and purple flower. Don’t you just want to eat it?


I kept this humble rainbow sprinkles for myself. I prefer classic cupcakes rather than fancy ones though.

But those cupcakes didn’t end with a happy ending though. I made it for Dixon…but my stupid boyfriend ate it all before Dixon wakes up. I’m gonna try Strawberry Cupcakes next!

Share:

5 comments